Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Day 2 Activities

I'm writing this after experiencing some frustration that WIKI didn't want to play with me. I don't blame our students for their frustration level when things don't work right. It may be my fault, but it doesn't really matter. It still chaps my hide.

I'm interested in the photo story concept. I like that it is "easy." Our culture is very visual now. Very easy. But I have enough puritan spine to distrust "easy" and assume it is also less valuable than what is "hard." I think that we are going through a major cultural shift. Probably, one day I'll look back on my own childhood, youth, adulthood and realized I'm a fossil from a different age. "Why, back in my day we had to spell the whole word out. No "BFF" for us. And we liked it. We liked it fine!"

I found a lot of Beth's presentation very pertinent. It really jived with my experience, and Cheryl and I already talked about putting some of the policy and explanation into our English 0111 syllabus. Unfortunately, I couldn't open either document on my home computer.
Chaps. Hide. @#$%^%&$.

No comments: