Tuesday, January 8, 2008
Five Principles
I've read the "Five Principles of Successful Course Redesign Before" -- and the hybrid format of English 0111 does attempt to meet all five criteria. We redesigned the entire course and even implemented the course redesign in all sections. Secondly, the modules are set up to be interactive, and active learning must take place to complete many of the assignments. Third, the hybrid format allows for individualized assistance where needed. Fourth, feedback is ongoing, and is automatic with all quizzes. Lastly, we can easily check student time on task for quizzes, and monitoring student progress, while not completely automatic, takes place weekly when logging in student performance.As for the day's activities: I enjoyed Harry's comments on syllabus design, and will use several of his suggestions in his feedback on our course syllabus. I heard several of the 1311 faculty mentioning his session helped them with their syllabus skills for other classes. Blogging was fun and easy, and I think we made some preliminary progress on identifying how we will reconstruct the syllabus.Thanks, ISS Team, for your usual patience and resilience!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment